My Favorite Introduction and Conclusion
My favorite introduction would have to be the beginning to
one of my favorite songs, which is “Classic” by MKTO. The starting beat to this song always gets me
excited and pumped to sing or dance along, and the lyrics would make any girl feel
special.
Hey! Where's the drum?
Ooh girl you're shining
Like a 5th avenue diamond
And they don't make you like they used to
You're never going out of style
Like a 5th avenue diamond
And they don't make you like they used to
You're never going out of style
Ooh pretty baby
This world might have gone crazy
The way you saved me,
Who could blame me
When I just wanna make you smile
Read more: MKTO - Classic Lyrics | MetroLyrics
This world might have gone crazy
The way you saved me,
Who could blame me
When I just wanna make you smile
Read more: MKTO - Classic Lyrics | MetroLyrics
My favorite conclusion would be a talk given by Jeffrey R.
Holland in the October 2014 General Conference titled, “Are We Not All Beggars?”
My favorite part is when he says, “I may not be my brother’s keeper, I am my
brother’s brother, and ‘because I have been given much, I too must give.’” This
ending is so powerful and inspires his listeners to be on the lookout for those
in need.
“Brothers
and sisters, such a sermon demands that I openly acknowledge the unearned,
undeserved, unending blessings in my life, both temporal and spiritual. Like
you, I have had to worry about finances on occasion, but I have never been
poor, nor do I even know how the poor feel. Furthermore, I do not know all the
reasons why the circumstances of birth, health, education, and economic
opportunities vary so widely here in mortality, but when I see the want among
so many, I do know that “there but for the grace of God go I.”18 I also know that although I may not be my brother’s
keeper, I am my brother’s brother, and “because I have been given much, I too
must give.”19
In that regard, I
pay a personal tribute to President Thomas Spencer Monson. I have been blessed
by an association with this man for 47 years now, and the image of him I will
cherish until I die is of him flying home from then–economically devastated East
Germany in his house slippers because he had given away not only his second
suit and his extra shirts but the very shoes from off his feet. “How beautiful
upon the mountains [and shuffling through an airline terminal] are the feet of
him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace.”20 More than any man I know, President Monson has
“done all he could” for the widow and the fatherless, the poor and the
oppressed.
In an 1831 revelation to the
Prophet Joseph Smith, the Lord said the poor would one day see the kingdom of
God coming to deliver them “in power and great glory.”21 May we help fulfill that prophecy by coming in the
power and glory of our membership in the true Church of Jesus Christ to do what
we can to deliver any we can from the poverty that holds them captive and
destroys so many of their dreams, I pray in the merciful name of Jesus Christ,
amen.”
No comments:
Post a Comment