Monday, December 7, 2015

Style Academy #4

Rewritten Lyrics to Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You”
This Christmas season, I am not asking for a lot from Santa. I can only think of one thing that I would need for Christmas. It doesn’t bother me if I do not get very many Christmas presents under the tree because the only thing that I truly want is you. I cannot tell you how much I want you, and only you, for Christmas, and I hope that Santa brings you to me this year. Truly, all I need, desire, and want for Christmas is to have you in my presence.
Again, this Christmas season I am not asking for a lot from Santa. I still can only think of one thing that I would need for Christmas, so the quantity and quality of presents under the Christmas tree does not matter to me. I do not even care if I get presents in my stocking; I probably won’t even hang one by the fireplace this year. I hope that Santa doesn’t bring me a toy for Christmas, because that is not what I want.
The only thing that I really, really, really want for Christmas is your presence. I don’t know how many times I need to ask, but I can’t tell you how much I want to be able to see you this Christmas season. If I could wish upon a star, I would wish that I could have you for Christmas because you are exactly what I want. For this reason alone, Santa needs to bring me you for Christmas.
I am not even going to write Santa a letter this year because I don’t even want anything, not even a white Christmas like so many others want. I will sit here, waiting, very patiently, under the mistletoe for you, so hurry up
No paper and pen to write a letter to Santa about what I want for Christmas is necessary this year. I am going to bed early this year and ignoring the sounds of the reindeer on my roof because all I want is for you to be here with me while we hold hands and take a walk in the freshly fallen snow. There is nothing more than I can think of that I can do to persuade you. The only thing that I am asking for this year, not even that, the only thing that will make me happy this Christmas season, is you.
All I can see this Christmas season is a bunch of cute Christmas lights on people’s houses with little smiling and laughing kids decorating gingerbread houses on the inside. There are also a bunch of people coming to my house singing Christmas carols and even more people driving down my street in carriages with sleigh bells, and I am stuck here at home without you. Dearest Santa Claus, all I want you to bring in your big red bag is my special man, who is the only one I need. Hurry Santa, I’m getting impatient here, you know that my list of things that I want for Christmas is not very big, and that I am only asking for one thing, so please send my significant other to my front door as a surprise.
All I want is this person, and no one else. I cannot tell you how much I want this person, so please, Santa, grant me my one and only wish, because all I want for Christmas is my loved one. Seriously, all I want this year is that person, nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment